In this special extended edition of the May 2019 Taxcast we go to Preston in the North of England to see the Preston Model in action – how they’re transforming their local economy and democratizing wealth. Also: dark money and the European elections – elite interests aligning with the far right. And we ask: why doesn’t Britain have its own Huawei?
- Preston City Council Leader, Matthew Brown
- Billy, Preston covered market
- Allison Watts and Kay Johnson in Preston’s first worker-owned cooperative The Larder
- David Erdal, who turned his family business into an employee-owned cooperative
- John Christensen of the Tax Justice Network
- Presented and produced by Naomi Fowler of the Tax Justice Network
Original post with further reading available here.